BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Urban Love

So Kathryn introduced me to urbandictionary.com and my life has not been the same since. Grace and I are going to incorporate obscure slang in our language from now on. Zoom zoom zoom!!! Oh, why you frontin' dawg? I ain't no hollaback girl!!!

some of my favorite discoveries so far...

twerk: to work one's body, as in dancing, especially the rear end
She was twerking it on the dance floor.


Truthenize: To brilliantly inform someone of a harsh truth that they were either ignorant of or tried with everything they have to ignore. The resulting truth leaves the liar impotent. Powerless. Usually a truth about themselves. Like Euthenize. But with the truth.


I'm not gay seat: The empty seat in a movie theater that two males leave between them to show the rest of the audience that they are straight.
Bob: I went to a movie with John the other day but we left the I'm not gay seat, so no one thought it was weird.


and my personal favorite...

Emo: Genre of softcore punk music that integrates unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year olds who dont smile, high pitched overwrought lyrics and inaudible guitar rifts with tight wool sweaters, tighter jeans, itchy scarfs (even in the summer), ripped chucks with favorite bands signature, black square rimmed glasses, and ebony greasy unwashed hair that is required to cover at least 3/5 ths of the face at an angle.
::sniff sniff:: "The Demise of the Siberian Traintracks of Our Rusty Forgotten Unblemished Love" sounds like it would make a great emo band name. ::cry::

0 comments: